Registration for families using ESA/Scholarships will open Late July or Early August. (Remember, you must also be enrolling at least one child in academic classes &/or elective classes, using ESA/Scholarships also.)
For families paying privately, please use http://afamilyedu.com/fund, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your confirmation page, the names of each Field Trip, and for each Field Trip the main contact Name & Cell# and how many tickets that person will be picking up for their group.
Each participant will be responsible to organize their own ride/carpool and can arrive individually. We will let you know where to pick up the tickets that will be pre-purchased for you by American Family Education.
All in one email with a copy of a receipt showing $256.55 donated to AFE
- Goldfield Ghost Town
- Becky Bailey 602-555-1111, 2 adults, 4 kids
- Arizona Science Center
- Becky Bailey 602-555-1111, 3 adults, 6 kids
Details below for each in the order we will be visiting them:
Goldfield Ghost Town
Saturday, September 2, 2023, 10am – 5pm
4650 N. Mammoth Mine Rd, Apache Junction, AZ 85119
Group prices for all 3 of the attractions listed above starts at $30 for Adults, $25 for Seniors and $20 for kids 5 to 12. *4 and under are free!
Goldfield not only offers a wonderful historic experience, but a relaxed unique atmosphere as well. Visitors can step back in time, forget about today and relive the quiet past. Don’t forget to bring your cameras, the scenery is something to behold.
- Mine Tours takes approximately 25 minutes. It is an underground guided tour. The guides are well versed on the history of the mine, town, gold mining equipment and procedures.
- Superstition Scenic Narrow-Gauge Railroad takes 20 minutes. This 1 1/2 mile ride is a scenic, narrated tour with fantastic views of the Superstition Mountains. Our engineers are very knowledgeable on the history of the area, and the native plants and wildlife of the Sonoran Desert.
- The Mystery Shack – water runs from faucets without being connected to pipes, the ghostly pool-table refuses to let you hit the balls straight and always seem to go into the same pocket..
For any families that want to do extra activities on their own, they also offer jeep tours, horseback riding, carriage rides, old-time photos and unique shopping! Goldfield proudly displays the Southwest’s largest collection of antique mining equipment.
Wildlife World Zoo Aquarium & Safari Park
Saturday, October 28, 2023, 9am – 7pm
16501 W Northern Ave, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
$8.00 per student, $25.00 for each adult including teachers
They have some bonus resources for Fieldtrip Activities, HERE.
Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park has Arizona’s largest collection of exotic and endangered animals, with more than 600 separate species, rides, a petting zoo and daily shows!
Everyone can get their own map upon arrival, but we recommend checking out all the animals and shows ahead of time, HERE.
Saturday, January, 20, 2024, 10:30am – 1pm
3440 S Hawes Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212, $12 per person
Come enjoy a day on our working farm! Learn about dairy life and what it takes to be a little farmer!
- Petting Zoo – We start off with feeding, interacting, and grooming all of our rescue animals, which can include goats, calves, donkeys, chickens, tortoises, bunnies, potbelly pigs and any other rescue animals on our farm. (animals will vary)
- Cotton Seed Necklace – Part of our 5 c’s hands on tour experience. Plant a real life cotton seed to wear around your neck.
- Farm Fresh Milk Bar – Moo-sey on back to the petting zoo to enjoy a fresh cup of (pasteurized) milk, you may even choose from our selection of flavor mix-ins.
- Picnic On The Farm – Optional but always encouraged to bring a packed lunch to enjoy a picnic on the farm.
- Udder Delights Ice Cream BAR- Before leaving everyone gets to enjoy a cup of our homemade Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream! ( No Little Farmer Left Behind – Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and Vegan Options Available As Needed For Both Milk and Ice Cream)
Sea Life Aquarium
Saturday, March 2, 2024, 10am-5pm
5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, Ste 145, Tempe, AZ 85282, $8 per person
Check out the schedule for exhibits and feedings, HERE.
SEA LIFE Aquarium offers students the opportunity to explore the creatures that live in our lakes, rivers and oceans through interactive, hands-on experiences. From feeling the spiny skin of a Sea Star to gazing at sharks swimming overhead, spend the day exploring over 20 marine exhibits, thousands of sea creatures and 250 species in an immersive setting. Our school programs explore animal behavior, habitats, adaptations, ecosystems, anatomy and water chemistry.
Download and print one of our FREE self-guided resources for each of the children in your group. They contain fun ideas and activities to complete during your visit to ensure you make the most out of your trip!
Arizona Science Center
Saturday, April 13, 2024 10:30am – 4pm with the last entry at 2:45 p.m.
600 E. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Children (Ages 3–17): $11.95 each, Adults: $14.95 each
Arizona Science Center is a place for science learning at all ages! Get ready to embark on a hands-on learning journey and create memorable experiences. Discover the world of science and imagination by reserving tickets today.
Check out the map of this 4 level activity center, HERE.
IMAGINE. DESIGN. MAKE. CONNECT.
CREATE at Arizona Science Center® is where science, design, and engineering collide! Inspired by the productivity of an inventor’s workshop, the creativity of an art studio, and the experimentation of a lab, CREATE is a 6,500 square-foot community hub for turning dreams into reality.
At CREATE, people of all ages can share ideas, collaborate on projects and learn about science, technology, engineering, math, and art through making. By using state-of-the-art, computer-controlled equipment and traditional crafting tools, visitors will have the chance to cut, saw, code, hammer, sew, paint, solder and much more!